Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. Nestlé headquarter is located in town of Vevey, Switzerland. As of now, Nestlé has been established for more than 150 years.
Nestlé was founded by Mr. Henri Nestlé, an inventor of “Farine lactée” in 1867 which was product made from milk and cereal that helped save lives of premature baby who could not consume breast milk. They were Nestlé’s first product line and origin of the world’s largest food and beverage company.
From past to present, Nestlé has been operating the business with determination to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future through our full ranges of nutritional products.
Nestlé have expanded the business to 190 countries around the world. More than 308,000 Nestlé employees are committed to Nestlé’s cause in enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers products and services for our consumers and their pets in all age ranges through more than 2,000 products including our famous global brand like NESCAFÉ, Nespresso, Maggi, and locally favorite brands like Bear Brand or Minéré. Our company are driven by the strategy to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Group, Thailand
The history of Nestlé Group Thailand started in 1893, as depicted in the first advertisement for “Milkmaid” sweetened condensed milk in the Bangkok Times newspaper on October 18, 1893. Trading has been successfully established via importation of a number of products. In 1947 a distribution company, “Pronesiam” Inc., was set up for the distribution of all Nestle products.
In 1968, with increasing popularity and demands for Nestlé products in Thailand along with favorable investment conditions, Nestlé took the first step towards creating a local manufacturing base in Thailand.
Today, Nestlé Group Thailand has 7 plants and employs 3,300 people. Nestlé produces and distributes its food & beverages products throughout the country under such famous brand names as NESCAFE, Nestlé BEAR BRAND, MILO, Nestlé PURE LIFE, NESVITA, Maggi and Nestlé Ice Cream. These Nestlé products are well-known and trusted by consumers for its high-quality products.
- 1893 First advertisement for “Milkmaid” (แหม่มทูนหัว) sweetened condensed milk in the Bangkok Times.
- 1934 Nestlé BEAR BRAND first launched in Thailand.
- 1947 Incorporation of Pronesiam Inc., a local trading company, to sell all Nestlé imported products in Thailand.
- 1951 MAGGI launched in Thailand.
- 1958 Nestlé MILO launched in Thailand.
- 1967 Incorporation of United Milk, Co., Ltd. (a joint venture of Nestlé, Ursina Franck, and General Milk). The Samrong factory was constructed in response to increasing demand for Nestlé products in Thailand and favourable investment conditions. The factory produced three brands of sweetened condensed milk, each sold under its own brand: Carnation, Milkmaid, and BEAR BRAND.
- 1971 Nestlé took over Ursina Franck, the company that owned BEAR BRAND products.
- 1972 Diethelm Co., Ltd. appointed as distributor for all Nestlé products.
- 1973 Acquiring 100% of the shares of United Milk Co., Ltd., Nestlé took full ownership of and operated the Samrong factory. Nestlé entered the instant coffee business through a management contract with the shareholders of Thai Soluble Coffee Co., Ltd. for Nestlé to run the Bangna factory, which produced NESCAFÉ Instant Coffee, Nestlé Dico, and Trio Coffee Mixes, introducing NESCAFÉ in Thailand.
- 1976 The Samrong factory started producing recombined sterilized milk in addition to sweetened condensed milk. Product lines have since expanded to include UHT milk, cereals, and culinary products such as MAGGI chili sauce, MAGGI ketchup, MAGGI seasoning, and bouillons.
- 1984 Nestlé acquired a 100% share of Upali (Thailand) Ltd., a local chocolate and confectionery company, and renamed it Cocoa Specialities (Thailand) Ltd. This led to Nestlé’s fully-owned Pathumthani Factory that produced chocolate and sweets under the Nestlé brand.
- Nestlé KITKAT was launched in Thailand.
- The global acquisition of Carnation resulted in Nestlé acquiring and operating the Bangpoo factory.
- 1987 The Navanakorn factory, the first powdered milk plant in Thailand, was founded.
- Cocoa Specialities (Thailand) Ltd. was renamed Nutritional Products (Thailand) Ltd. in preparation for an expansion of the MILO product range later in the year with the introduction of a new MILO tonic food drink.
- Carnation (Thailand) Ltd. was renamed Nestlé Trading (Thailand) Ltd., mainly engaging in exporting products manufactured by all local Nestlé factories as well as purchased from co-packers.
- 1989 Pronesiam was renamed Nestlé Products (Thailand) Inc. (NEPRO) and took over the marketing, sales, and distribution of Nestlé products from Diethelm. Nestlé took full control on 1 April 1989, combining its commercial and support services into one complete organization.
- 1990 A sugar confectionery plant was built at the Pathumthani Factory, expanding the chocolate plant that had been in place since 1984.
- The manufacturing of coffee products was moved to the newly-opened Chachoengsao factory, which is operated by Quality Coffee Products Ltd.
- 1991 Approval of ASEAN Industrial Joint Venture (AIJV) projects for the Bangpoo factory. The Nestlé Coffee Receiving Centre/coffee buying station in Chumporn was commissioned.
- 1992 Vittel set up a joint venture company called Royal Resources Co., Ltd. to produce MINÉRÉ mineral water at the Ayutthaya Water Factory, which opened this year.
- 1993 Nestlé (Thai) Co., Ltd. was established as Nestlé celebrated its 100th anniversary in Thailand, with HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn presiding over the ceremony.
- 1995 Nestlé acquired 45% of General Pacific Foods Co., Ltd. (later renamed Nestlé Ice Cream), adding the Bangchan Factory to its management and the ice cream and yogurt business to its portfolio.
- 1996 Nestlé acquired 60% of Danish Dairy Industries Co., Ltd., adding the Pakchong factory to its management and pasteurized milk and yogurt to its portfolio. Nutritional Products (Thailand) Ltd. was renamed Nestlé Foods (Thailand) Ltd. Carnation Manufacturing Co. (Thailand) Ltd. was renamed Nestlé Manufacturing (Thailand) Ltd.
- 1998 Nestlé acquired a 100% share of Royal Resources, Co., Ltd., changing the company name to Perrier Vittel (Thailand) Ltd.
- 1999 Nestlé established the Indochina region comprising Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam, with Nestlé Thailand as the hub.
- 2000 A regional operations office for procurement and logistics was established. Nestlé PURE LIFE was launched in Thailand.
- 2001 Nestlé PURINA was launched in Thailand.
- 2003 Extension of the production line at the Bangpoo factory to manufacture Nestlé COFFEE-MATE creamer for export. This made the Bangpoo factory Nestlé’s largest creamer factory worldwide.
- 2006 Nestlé transferred its canned milk and beverage and UHT milk business (Nawanakorn factory) and frozen products business (Pakchong factory) to F&N Dairy (Thailand) Ltd. to handle manufacturing and distribution. The Nestlé Visitor Center ceased operation due to this business transfer.
- 2009 Opening of a factory to manufacture NESCAFÉ 3-in-1.
- 2010 Opening of the Nestlé PURINA PETCARE factory to manufacture pet foods under the Nestlé PURINA brand.
- 2011 Opening of the Amata factory, a world-class pet-care facility.
- 2013 Nestlé Thailand celebrated its 120th year. NESCAFÉ DOLCE GUSTO was launched in Thailand.
- 2014 Creation of Nestlé Skin Health. Opening of Nestlé Myanmar office.
- 2015 NESPRESSO launched its first boutique in Thailand.
- 2016 Opening of the Representative Office of Nestlé (Thai) Ltd. in Cambodia.
- 2017 Opening of Nestlé PURE LIFE Surat Thani factory. Opening of the Dagon factory in Myanmar.
- 2018 The first Indochina NESCAFÉ Day. Inauguration of the Nestlé Professional Inspiration Studio.