To Press Releases listBangkok,Apr 18, 2014
- 'NESCAFÉ' in partnership with the 'Expressway Authority of Thailand' and the 'Department of Highways ' , campaigning for safe driving during Songkran
- To hand out "Dark Roast" Ready-to-Drink Coffee at toll booths and checkpoints , including Bang Kaew 1 Toll Gate, Jatuchote Toll Gate, Outbound Prachachuen Toll Gate, Outbound Bang Pa-in Toll Gate, Inbound Bang Pa-in Toll Gate, Wang Manao Checkpoint, Wang Noi (Thep Pitak) Checkpoint, Rangsit Checkpoint, Nong Din Daeng Checkpoint and Khao Din (Motorway) Checkpoint from 10-17 April 2014
- Road casualties during 7 dangerous days nearly reached 30,000 in 2013*
'NESCAFÉ', the leading brand of ready-to-drink coffee from Nestlé (Thai) Ltd., recently announced the ' Sleepy, Hazy... Stay Away from the Wheel ' campaign in partnership with the 'Expressway Authority of Thailand' and the 'Department of Highways'. From 10-17 April 2014 , free ready-to-drink Dark Roast coffee will be handed out to drivers at 10 toll gates and major checkpoints in an effort to reduce accidents during the Songkran festival.
Mr. Worapong Kietdumrongwong, Marketing Manager - NESCAFÉ RTD, Coffee and Beverages, Nestlé (Thai) Ltd., said, "During Songkran, people will hit the road as they visit their hometown or go on vacation across the country. It is at this time of the year that accidents often occur, causing damage to lives and properties.
'NESCAFÉ' would like to join the effort to reduce road accidents with the campaign 'Sleepy, Hazy...Stay Away from the Wheel' under which we will give away cans of 'Dark Roast' ready-to-drink coffee to drivers at toll gates and major checkpoints to keep them refreshed so they can stay focused behind the wheel."
Mrs. Anchalee Rerkshanandana, Director of Business Development and Marketing, the Expressway Authority of Thailand, said, "On our part, we have set up tents to provide free services to the public where you can have primary engine checked, get your tires pumped up and your battery water filled. There are also drinking water and beverages as well as cold towels.
We are very pleased to join the campaign to make the public drive carefully because safety is at the heart of all travelling. So we would like to warn drivers to think about keeping themselves and vehicles ready. If you feel sleepy, don't resist. Park your car and get a cold drink to keep yourself refreshed before you hit the road again."
The campaign ' Sleepy, Hazy...Stay Away from the Wheel ' will be active at 10 toll gates and checkpoints during 10-17 April 2014 . These include Bang Kaew 1 Toll Gate, Jatuchote Toll Gate, Outbound Prachachuen Toll Gate, Outbound Bang Pa-in Toll Gate, Inbound Bang Pa-in Toll Gate, Wang Manao Checkpoint, Wang Noi (Thep Pitak) Checkpoint, Rangsit Checkpoint, Nong Din Daeng Checkpoint and Khao Din (Motorway) Checkpoint.
"We believe that a rich taste and robust aroma of 'NESCAFÉ Dark Roast' will keep the public awake, reduce sleepiness and fatigue from long-distance travel as well as assist in reducing the number of road accidents during high traffic season." added Mr. Worapong Kietdumrongwong, Nestlé (Thai) Ltd.
The casualties from road accidents during the seven most dangerous days of Songkran in 2013 were about 30,000 *. The Department of Highways provides information about causes and primary tips accordingly:
- The primary causes of deaths and injuries include 1. drunk driving 2. speed driving and cutting off and 3. nodding off while driving
- Drivers should not stay complacent. Get some food and drink ready in the car – something to keep you awake while driving for your own safety and the safety of other travelers
For more information and to contact the Highway Police Division, call 1193.
"NESCAFÉ Dark Roast…Stronger Than You Expected"
*Report of deaths and injuries during Songkran festival in 2013 by the Emergency Medical Institute of Thailand